30 November 2021, 07:30 -
01 December 2021, 22:00
CMS is delighted to be back at the in-person TMT World Congress 2021. Our digital communications infrastructure team looks forward to connecting and re-connecting with you and other key leaders from industry, investors and advisory.
The 2021 audience will be strictly limited to a maximum of 250 leaders from strategics, investors, banks and advisory.
View the latest agenda on TMT Finance’s website.
The sessions which feature speakers from CMS are:
Keynote Speech - Network-based or Service-based Competition - Can You Really Have it Both Ways?
30 November 16:05 – 16:20
Since the early 2000s, regulators have preferred network-based competition and regard service-based competition as a second-level option, presuming it is not pro-competitive. The 5G network ecosystem is fundamentally inconsistent with that preference. Is there a sat-nav for investors and operators?
Chris Watson, Partner, Global Head of TMC, CMS
Panel - Network Sharing Strategies to Support Full Next-Gen Coverage
30 November 16:20 – 17:00
We are moving on from an era in which telecom operators have needed to maintain ownership of their own networks in order to compete. Now, we are heading into a new, complex ecosystem of multifaceted partnerships combining new entrants such as private equity and platform operators.
- How are these partnerships financed and structured?
- How are policy and competition rules evolving to encourage ubiquitous next-generation coverage?
- Will this eventually drive consolidation, and what shape will this take?
Chaired by Dóra Petrányi, Partner, Managing Director Central Eastern Europe, CMS
- Simon Holden, Group COO, CityFibre
- Enrique Medina, General Counsel and Chief Regulatory Officer, VirginMediaO2
- Ranesh Verma, Managing Director, Global Sector Head, TMT & Healthcare, ING Bank
Breakout - Fibre rollout strategies in Europe
1 December 14:00 – 14:45
The Fibre Network – How are new investments and consolidation changing shaping the future European fibre network? Fibre investment is spreading like outstretched fingers across Europe, urban, rural and backhaul networks are all seeing strong growth and healthy investor demand. In this panel discussion network operators and investors will discuss the future of fibre networks across Europe.
- A year of fibre M&A – where are we at, what deals have taken place, and what’s still left to happen?
- How are valuations and business models changes, and attitudes to risk and the threat of overbuild?
- What does the growth of other digital infrastructure mean for fibre investment?
- Concessions across Europe: what is the flow of new opportunities for 2020/21? Are there refinancing opportunities?
- How well placed are current players to capitalise on the backhaul demands of 5G, small cell and datacentre growth?
Chaired by Katie Nagy de Nagybaczon, Partner, CMS
- Ian Wade, CFO, Gigaclear
- James Harraway, Managing Director, Infracapital
- Moana Tumahai, Director Corporate Development, euNetworks
Clients of CMS are welcome to get in touch to request our special 20% discount code. Please send us an email.